Email Notification

If you want to try to "follow by email," try the email subscribe box at the very bottom of this blog. It's been temperamental - but if it works, you'll get an email from "BuzzFeed" asking you to confirm that you want to follow.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Waiting - not my favorite word

I had hoped to get radiation treatments set up today at the radiologist's office, but guess what? A bit more waiting is on the agenda instead.

I've been impatiently waiting for the bruising and swelling to go down, and it really hadn't seemed to change much in the last week and a half or so. But the swelling just went down in a dramatic way today. I was making my way to the shower this morning when Jon said, "You're bleeding!" I looked down at my feet and legs - didn't see anything. (Morning is not my brightest time.) "No, your front!" he said. The front of my nightgown was covered in blood, as if I was the victim of a a stabbing. Wow!

After the initial shock, and seeing that it was not bright red, I realized it's sort of good news. My surgeon had said that the swelling was old blood cells that hadn't gotten carried off yet, so for whatever reason during the night, a pathway through the top part of the incision opened up and a bunch of blood dissipated that way.

I did meet with the radiologist as scheduled, he assured me that it's all OK, but we'll need to wait (there's that word again!) a bit more until that's healed up. It's the right decision of course, but the scheduling part of my brain wants to get some dates on the calendar!

Thursday my surgeon meets with the tumor board and then we meet with her in the afternoon. I'd appreciate prayers that they discern a clear way forward about those dratted spots. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment