Email Notification

If you want to try to "follow by email," try the email subscribe box at the very bottom of this blog. It's been temperamental - but if it works, you'll get an email from "BuzzFeed" asking you to confirm that you want to follow.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Becoming Radiant!

I'm happy to report that there's not much to report other than that I've had 7 of 20 radiation treatments, and so far everything is super easy with no side effects.

Here's a picture of "the machine."


The appendages on the big silver ring rotate around while I'm lying on the "comfy" (not!) black plastic bed. On top is the one that delivers the radiation in short bursts with an accompanying beep - it takes less than 2 minutes. It rotates to one side and then about 180 degrees the other direction to zap me from both sides.

I don't know what the protuberance on the right does, and the one on the left (and the bottom one?) are X-ray imaging devices. I'll have to ask a few more questions.

So that's it! Have a great 4th of July weekend :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment